Thursday, March 6, 2008

Craftsmanship for a cause

WHEN? Thursday · March 6

WHERE? Appearances, a Baptist Hospital boutique specializing in products for cancer patients at Hederman Cancer Center

Family members and longtime acquaintances are familiar with my weakness for attractive dish patterns. My husband and daughters grew used to cabinets full of various table settings, both formal and informal, some that mix-and-matched, others that didn't.

While I collected plates and platters, Wendell developed his own penchant for pots and pans. By the time we were ready to downsize our household from condo to motorhome, we had accumulated enough cookware and tableware to feed and serve several armies!

My dish addiction was passed along to a daughter who insisted that our RV adventure would begin with a new set of lightweight-but-durable Corelle® dinnerware. I dutifully chose a pattern from their large virtual showroom and managed to part with all but a few sentimental items.Corelle® Country Morning

Two of my "keepers" were pottery pieces by renowned Mississippi artisan Gail Pittman. Although I'd collected only a few Gail Pittmans, I'd long admired her charming designs.

So with a few minutes to spare before yesterday morning's appointment, I strolled through the hospital's gift shop and was naturally drawn to an attractive display of pottery by (TA DA!) Gail Pittman. The Hope pattern, designed exclusively for Baptist Cancer Services, benefits cancer patients by providing funds for which other resources are not designated.

Hope pattern - Pitcher and Mug
Pitcher
Mug
Hope pattern - Deviled Egg Tray and Lasagna Pan
Deviled Egg Tray
Lasagna Pan
Hope pattern Clockwise: Hummingbird Feeder - Ruffled Platter - Dip Dish
Hummingbird Feeder
Ruffled Platter · Dip Dish

Hope items not pictured above:

Yet this I call to mind,
and therefore I have hope:
The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases;
His mercies never come to an end;
They are new every morning;
great is Your faithfulness.

Lamentations 3:21-23

No comments:

Post a Comment