Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Another year coming to a close

WHEN? Friday · December 24

WHERE? Lower Alabama

Here we are in Paradise (Lower Alabama) nearing our third year as 2010 is coming to a close. It seems many things have occurred since we settled down here. Here's what I have to say about that. It's the same thing I've mentioned before. If you are doing lots of things to write about, you don't have time to write about them. If you aren't doing much, what do you write? One of those quandaries. What results is one never really fully shares the exciting, newsworthy happenings because there is not time for that. When there is time on your hands and you'd like to think of something to share, the feeling is, it's not worth sharing mundane happenings. Perhaps we can just sum it up by saying –

We still love living in LA

This time of year beginning with Thanksgiving and running through the last day of the year and rapidly moving into New Years Day, has so much to do and be energized by that I am seriously thinking of taking off January of 2011 as a vacation from blogging. I've threatened this before and couldn't stick by it. Maybe, just maybe, next year I'll succeed.

Recently I have noticed TV shows such as Oprah, run their shows more than once, so I am going to refer you to some reruns from both of our blogs.

As I looked over previous blogs, I found this one from this blog in 2007: Pa-rum-pum-pum-pum

This reminded me of one of my projects I plan to complete before the Christmas decorations are stored away. I want to scan the Little Drummer Boy Christmas cards we have sent and received. Most people would probably think that's a waste of time. Well, that's the kind of priorities I set, so the really important things don't get done while a project like this does. If you are curious enough to check back, I plan to have them in one album on Flickr:
THE LITTLE DRUMMER BOY - A Collection

As I looked over previous blog posts, I discovered that some of the links I gave you in previous posts no longer work. At first I thought I'd try to correct that, but life is just too short to spend my time on that. Most of the videos that do not work are from YouTube and the account has been closed because the user was infringing on copyright laws, etc. So, just let me apologize for the fact that they don't work and be done with it. If you want to mention a particular one to me, feel free to do so, and I'll see if there is something else I can substitute that does work on the post.

The other posts I wanted to run by you are from the LIVING... MAEDEANS STYLE blog:

One is also related to THE LITTLE DRUMMER BOY:
Pa Rum Pum Pum Pum

The other is related to Wendell being the one who said "Christmas Eve Gift" first today on Christmas Eve:
Christmas Eve Gift

Here's one more I almost forgot:
O CHRISTmas Tree

By now, if you have been paying attention, you probably realize I like THE LITTLE DRUMMER BOY. Yes, I know there is nothing in the Bible about him, but it was published in 1857 by James Pierpont, so we'll just say its a fictional legend, sort of like Rudolph and dare we even say the fat man in the red suit? All I know is I really think Jesus likes him too.

This is my final 2010 post, so let me send this wish to you from our house:

Merry Christmas and
Happy 2011!

1 comment:

  1. Nice I took the walk around your property I presume.Merry Christmas.
    Gus

    ReplyDelete