Friday, July 31, 2009

Old Fashioned and Delicious

WHEN? Friday · July 31

WHERE? Foley, Alabama · find us on the map

Established in 1929, Stacey's Rexall Drugs and Olde Tyme Soda Fountain is the oldest drugstore in Baldwin County. This café was featured in the Pelican's May 1, 2009 issue. The article was displayed near the table where we ate our ice cream.Wendell had butter pecan - I had a hot fudge sundae
Wendell had butter pecan -
I had a hot fudge sundae

Let me backtrack. The first time I went into this drugstore from the Fifties, I was trying to find some place to buy some cosmetics. They didn't have any. What they do have is a place that has some good ice cream and even a menu with foods listed that you might have expected to order in an old fashioned soda fountain.

We only snapped a few photos while we were enjoying our ice cream. You can view them on Flickr at Stacey's Rexall Drugs and Olde Tyme Soda Fountain.

No comments:

Post a Comment