WHEN? Saturday & Sunday · November 8 & 9
The annual festivals in Lower Alabama continue to amaze us with the many features they include and the crowds of people who attend them. Although this festival began on Friday, it slipped up on us. We've promised ourselves to attend all of it next year.
What we saw:
- Mexican Folkloric Dancers from Guyton, Oklahoma. Here’s a video of the troupe's performance at another recent festival: Mexican Folkloric Dancers
- Foley's Little Rock Baptist Church choir
- The U.S. Navy Show Band
What we missed:
- One of my new favorites, Top Hat & Jackie
- Eli’s Jolly Polka Band from Elberta, who also perform each Spring and Fall at the Sausage Festival.
- In spite of being bluegrass music fans, we both overlooked the festival's Bluegrass Stage, which featured a Fiddlers Convention along with The Gary Waldrep Band.
The festival's final event, an evening fireworks display, was spectacular!
See our photos on flickr:
Heritage Harbor Days